BSL Level 1
Level 1 Award in BSL
This qualification is designed to teach learners to communicate with Deaf people in British Sign Language on a range of topics that involve simple, everyday language use.
Level 1 Award in British Sign Language is suitable for those who:
- want to learn basic language skills to communicate simple conversations with Deaf people
- want to learn new language skills as part of a programme of study
- want to progress to more advanced study and/or employment using BSL in the future
- are studying for personal development
- are parents, family, friends or colleagues of Deaf people.
Level 1 Award in British Sign Language is suitable for all ages, including pre-16.
The course is divided in to three units each with their own assessments.
- 101 - Introduction to BSL
- 102 - Conversational BSL
- 103 - Communicate in BSL about everyday life
Entry Requirement: None, just enthusiasm!
Course Length: 16 days
Fees: £399 plus assessment fees (Installment Payment Plan can be arranged)
Dates: 2pm - 5pm
January 2016 further details to follow
We are planning to run our next Level 1 intensive course Easter 2016
Please contact the office for dates.
This format is ideal for those wishing to work within the deaf community and need to understand and use BSL in a short space of time.
Contact the office to register your interest.
Contact us if you or your Company would like a tailor made course.