BSL Level 2
Having achieved Level 1, this course will develop your communication skills about real life, routine and daily experiences which will allow learners to converse longer and in more detail.
Level 2 Certificate in British Sign Language is suitable for those who:
- wish to achieve language skills at an intermediate level to improve communication with Deaf people
- are Deaf and wish to gain a qualification in their native language
- are family, friends and colleagues of Deaf people
- want to progress from Level 1 study in BSL, and who may want to progress to more advanced levels of study in BSL at a later date
- are studying for personal development.
Level 2 is divided into three units and is assessed independently using Signature awarding body's criteria. It is also in line with the National Language Standards Level 2 framework.
- Unit BSL 201 - Receptive skills
- Unit BSL 202 - Productive skills
- Unit BSL 203 - Conversational skills
Topics covered are everyday conversation, shopping and spending, eating and drinking, and travel/holidays.
The classess will be a mixture of teaching, activities, role play, video receptive practice and so on. You will also have full access to Signworld e-learning included in course price.
Entry Requirement: Level 1 or equivalent
Course Length: 30 sessions Wesdnesday evening
Venue: Cardiff Deaf Club
Fees: £550 plus Signature assessment fees
(Installment Payment Plan can be arranged)
Starting Date: September 2020 - please book your place
Time: 6pm - 9pm
If you are interested in Level 2 please email us - information and dates can be supplied, along with information on instalment plans.
Full dates will be given but should be weekly apart from school holidays.
Text 07795842526 or email [email protected] to register your interest!