BSL Level 1
Level 1 Award in BSL
This qualification is designed to teach learners to communicate with Deaf people in British Sign Language on a range of topics that involve simple, everyday language use.
Level 1 Award in British Sign Language is suitable for those who:
- want to learn basic language skills to communicate simple conversations with Deaf people
- want to learn new language skills as part of a programme of study
- want to progress to more advanced study and/or employment using BSL in the future
- are studying for personal development
- are parents, family, friends or colleagues of Deaf people.
Level 1 Award in British Sign Language is suitable for all ages, including pre-16.
The course is divided in to three units each with their own assessments.
- 101 - Introduction to BSL
- 102 - Conversational BSL
- 103 - Communicate in BSL about everyday life
Entry Requirement: None, just enthusiasm!
Course Length: 20 sessions (plus 1 hour weekly home learning)
Fees: £325 inclusive (Installment Payment Plan can be arranged)
Dates: next course - September 2021
(register your interest by emailing us on [email protected])
Level 1 intensive course - none planned at present - we can arrange bespoke level 1 courses (minimum number of participants required)
Please contact the office for dates/ email us [email protected]
This format is ideal for those wishing to work within the deaf community and need to understand and use BSL in a short space of time.
Contact the office to register your interest.
Contact us if you or your Company would like a tailor made course.